Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm So Collegiate (as Erin would put it)

This was my dorm room when I first walked in. As you can see, it kind of looked like a room inside of a mental institution or something. Boring and generic...





And this is my room after I added all of my own personal touches...

This is what I will look like when I am studying




Julia, my Mom, and Cori made me this gorgeous quilt for my bed. I absolutely LOVE it with all of the bright colors and patterns and it makes me happy. It makes me feel like I'm close to them when I get homesick.



This is what I look like when I'm getting my mail at college. Aren't I so grown up?

9 comments:

Chris said...

Way to go Taylor! A Cougar through and through. When is the first football game. Who cares when school starts??

Dad said...

I can't believe its been 30 years since I went there, I bet its changed alot. I'm so proud that you were accepted and are worthy to attend such a great place. We will miss you but with modern technology we can see and talk to you everyday.

Cori said...

Oh our cute little Taylor is all growed up. Looks goog on you babe. Call me to chat anytime.

Julia said...

wow i'm so proud.. you getting your own mail! ;)

I doubt you'll be smiling that big when you're studying though. I dont know though, maybe you will. You are a smarty pants.

SOO glad the quilt fits your bed!

Beth said...

awww, Taylor!!! You're so grown up! LOVE the room after you made it cute. Enjoy this time - college life is SO new & exciting. I remember when my mom left me at school, I thought I'd die. It only took a couple of days to see the benefits of being on your own... :) You'll have a blast. Can't wait to see and hear all about it. Love you!

P.s. Geeesh, Paul.. Knock that off. I don't think I've ever cried over a blog comment before... :)

P.P.S. My girls need your new address - will you e-mail it to me? :)

Erin said...

Yay Taylor! you seriously rock. and I know I already told you this, but I am so excited that you live in the same state as me now, and I can see you much more often. I love you lots, and I had so much fun helping you get all your school stuff ready, and your room all set up, it made me feel like I was doing it all over again. have a good first day of school!

Patti said...

I'm so happy I got to see you in Utah. Your room looks great and I'm sure you are still getting settled. I'm so proud of you for going to BYU and I know you will do GREAT! I love you.

Emily said...

Go Taylor! I'm so jealous! I loved my time there. It wasn't all easy, but every little bit of it was worth it! I tell my kids all about it...all the time! Have fun! I know you will love it!
I got to see the quilt in person and I thought it was adorable. I'm glad it was all complete before you left. That was a big project to take on. They were just way to excited for you and they had to do it! Can you feel the love?! Love you!

PS You have to try tunnel singing and the creamery and don't miss any of your chances to be in the room when a gen. auth. comes!

Grandma Jalene said...

Cute room and I LOVE your quilt. They are some of my favorite things. We hope to get to see you now that you are closer. Fellow quilters always welcome at our house and we're really not that far. I can come get you even. I'm sure that is a more exciting prospect for me than you - I remember college days (barely). Need a break, give me a call. I'll have to get your # from Cori.