Friday, December 8, 2006

Christmas Caroling


For our Young Women's activity this week, we went Christmas caroling. We went to one of our leaders' friends houses who had been in a bad hit-and-run car accident. She is practically paralyzed and can barely talk. She is not a member of the church. When we arrived at their house, they welcomed us inside. We sang "Away in a Manger," and I read a scripture (Isaiah 9:6). Then we sang "Silent Night." Finally, we sang "I am a Child of God." I felt the spirit and I could tell that the lady we were singing to did too, because I tould see a small tear in her eye.

Later, we went to a house of a family in our ward, because they were moving to Utah soon. When we got there, all the lights were out, but we decided to knock on the door just in case. Well, nobody answered. Turned out, they had already moved! OOps!

7 comments:

Erin said...

taylor, your blog is very inspirational I have to say...thank you. I bet that lady appreciated it more than you know. those other people, well i guess its the thought that counts. woops!

Cassie said...

Way to go Taylor! You are quite the inspiration to the rest of us! Thanks! We love ya lots!

Anonymous said...

Poor lady - can you imagine being in her place with Christmas just around the corner? I'm sure you made her feel so much happier.

Cori said...

The youth program we have in the church is so amazing, and it really makes our church stand out.

Anonymous said...

Taylor, I want to grow up just like you!

Anonymous said...

Taylor, I want to grow up just like you!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good experience caroling! I'm always touched going caroling with the youth!